Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate verbally and nonverbally in a comprehensive range of everyday tasks and in work-related tasks independently and/or in a supervisory capacity.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: 6 days (1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards many major awards including 120 credits in Management Level 6 award 6M4587
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Critique current issues in communications and information technology, to include digital and mobile technology, the internet, and the policies and principles relevant to a vocational area
- Evaluate in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications-related legislation, and the responsibilities that apply when working in a supervisory capacity
- Assess the impact of non-verbal communication and of the physical environment in everyday human interaction
- Construct non-verbal and visual messages, aids, images and environments that promote interpersonal communication, to include presentation aids, handouts, physical arrangement of meeting rooms
- Utilise listening skills in a variety of roles and contexts, to include note-taking, receiving messages, taking minutes, reporting, summarising, paraphrasing
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.