Aim:The aim of the communications programme is to enhance learners understanding of the essential role played by communication in human interaction particularly in a dynamic and diverse sector such as early year’s education.
Participant Profile:Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration:Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week)in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time. Distance Learning– Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
StatusMandatory Minor component
Credit Value15 Credits towards 120 credits in various major awards including Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009.
Some of the Learning outcomes of the component include:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications and information technology
- Summarize in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications-related legislation
- Use appropriate non-verbal and visual communication in personal and work-related settings, to include one-to-one, in a group/team and in formal and informal interaction
- Demonstrate verbal skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making a case and presenting a point of view in group discussion, formal meetings and interviews
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making eye contact, receiving and interpreting information, control of personal response
- Use reading techniques appropriate to a task, to include skimming, obtaining an overview, identifying key points and critical observation