Aim:The aim of the communications programme is to enhance learners understanding of the essential role played by communication in human interaction particularly in a dynamic and diverse sector such as early year’s education.
Participant Profile:Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
StatusMandatory Minor component
Credit Value15 Credits towards 120 credits in various major awards including Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009.
Some of the Learning outcomes of the component include:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications and information technology
- Summarize in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context, to include health, safety and welfare at work and communications-related legislation
- Use appropriate non-verbal and visual communication in personal and work-related settings, to include one-to-one, in a group/team and in formal and informal interaction
- Demonstrate verbal skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making a case and presenting a point of view in group discussion, formal meetings and interviews
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to working under general direction, to include making eye contact, receiving and interpreting information, control of personal response
- Use reading techniques appropriate to a task, to include skimming, obtaining an overview, identifying key points and critical observation
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.