To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The aim of this course is to provide nurses with practical coaching skills and techniques needed to develop individual performances in others. It will also equip the learner with an increased confidence and professionalism when selecting coaching models.
Delivery: 6 days (1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards many major awards including 120 credits in Management Level 6 award.
Approved: This course is NMBI (Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland) Approved formally known as An Bord Altranais (ABA)
NMBI CEU’s (Continuing Education Units): 35
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Learn how to use the GROW model of coaching
- Understand the organisational context of coaching
- Understand the distinctive nature of coaching as a tool for workplace competencies and career development
- Evaluate key professional standards for the coaching profession to include membership of professional associations, adherence to ethical guidelines and participation in supervision and continuous professional development (CPD)
- Demonstrate a knowledge of ethical guidelines for the coaching profession to include laws and regulations that relate to the coaching profession
- Analyse the differences between coaching, psychotherapy, mentoring, consulting and other support professions and their role in personal and or workplace development
- Manage a coaching session to include planning and evaluation
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.