This online workshop is intended to help you to recognise child abuse and neglect, and report concerns to Tusla. The Guidance has been updated to reflect the provisions of the Children First Act 2015 and it includes developing your safe guarding statement and risk assessment for people and organisations who will acquire legal obligations under the legislation when it is fully commenced in December 2017.
Mandated persons who are people who have ongoing contact with children and/or families and who are in a key position to protect children from harm. They include teachers, preschool leaders, Early year practitioners, Special needs assistances, doctors, nurses, Gardaí, foster carers, youth workers and people working in many other professions.
- Knowledge of the Children First Act 2015 and Children First: National Guidance
- Understanding of the role of Tusla and An Garda Síochána in protecting children
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of mandated persons as assigned under legislation
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of designated liaison person
- Knowledge of the types and features of abuse
- Knowledge of the factors which may make children more vulnerable to harm
- Guidance in responding to a disclosure of abuse from a child
- Review the reasonable grounds for concern and the thresholds for reporting
- Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality and record-keeping
- Knowledge of how to report child protection and welfare concerns
- Develop a safeguarding statement and risk assessment form
Entry Requirement: A strong level of spoken and written English required.
Assessment: Each learner will receive a Barrow Training Certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
Tutor Profile: All tutors are highly qualified professionals.
Support: A range of accommodations and supports are available according to specific learner needs. One to one and email support available from tutors throughout the course.
Resources: Learners receive a comprehensive resource pack that can be used as a reference during and after the course.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.