- Knowledge of the Children First Act 2015 and Children First: National Guidance
- Understanding of the role of Tusla and An Garda Síochána in protecting children
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of mandated persons as assigned under legislation
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of designated liaison person
- Knowledge of the types and features of abuse
- Knowledge of the factors which may make children more vulnerable to harm
- Guidance in responding to a disclosure of abuse from a child
- Review the reasonable grounds for concern and the thresholds for reporting
- Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality and record-keeping
- Knowledge of how to report child protection and welfare concerns
- Develop a safeguarding statement and risk assessment formOnline – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.