Aim: The aim of this module is to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence in the area of childcare, law and practice pertaining to Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in Ireland.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on children’s health and wellbeing to include family structure, community, culture, education, health, social services and social status
- Evaluate child protection guidelines in relation to the protection of children and staff
- Assess statutory regulations and national practice guidelines, which relate directly to and impact on early childhood care and education settings
- Utilise a comprehensive range of specialised skills in meeting the needs of parents, children, colleagues and other stakeholders in an ECCE setting in the context of relevant legislation and national practice guidelines
- Examine national and international social policy and how it impacts on the wellbeing of children and families
- Devise a range of policies and procedures relevant to ECCE settings, ensuring adherence to legislation and national practice guidelines
- Implement procedures for dealing with specific child protection issues
- Evaluate the relevance of policies and procedures which safeguard children
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.