Aim: The aim of this programme is to provide the learner with a working understanding of how to work with children in the early years setting between the ages of 0 and 6.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Duration: Commence at a time that suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Status: Mandatory minor component
- Outline the requirements necessary to provide for the health and well-being of children in an ECCE setting as informed by national guidelines to include child protection.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the overall well-being of children .
- Outline the various nutritional needs of babies and young children.
- identify requirements for the promotion of healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments for children.
- Describe a range of common childhood illnesses.
- Devise balanced menus for babies, toddlers and children.
- Perform appropriate personal care routines for babies and young children including care of the child when unwell.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to include record keeping as required by legislation and good practice guidelines.
- Utilize a range of practice skills that support and promote the health and well-being of children.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.