Aim: The aim of this module is to provide the learner with knowledge and understanding of child development (0-6) and the influence of a range of internal and external forces (nature vs nurture) on children’s developmental processes.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 6 award 6M2007
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Critically reflect on child development theories and their application on ECCE practice
- Explore the effects of a range of genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors on the holistic development of the child
- Research a range of theoretical perspectives in the field of behaviour management in support of the holistic development of the child
- Select from a range of specialised skills to meet the needs of parents, children, colleagues and other stakeholders in an ECCE setting in the context of legislation and national practice guidelines
- Organise a variety of detailed observations in support of programme planning for individual and groups of children using a range of tools
- Evaluate personal and team practice in meeting child development needs in an ECCE setting
- Identify personal learning goals and assist others in identifying learning and personal development goals
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.