Aim: It will equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE)
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a childcare capacity.
Classroom – 4 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Mandatory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Early Childhood Care & Education Level 5 award 5M2009
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Explain the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development
- Describe a range of theories of child development and learning to include Piaget, Chomsky, Erikson, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Pavlov, Skinner
- Describe the influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning
- Identify the benefits of play to the child’s holistic development and learning mindful of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity
- Describe the contribution of the practitioner/parent/guardian to the development and learning of children in the home and in the ECCE setting
- Apply theoretical principles of child development in the ECCE setting
- Document children’s developmental progress against normative milestones of development
- Carry out observations in support of programme planning for individual children and groups
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.