Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture while working effectively in a care setting.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a care setting.
Duration: 5 days or equivalent contact delivery days in a classroom setting. Learners will be provided to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Compulsory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Health Service Skills 5M3782.
At the end of the course the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.