To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle, religion and culture while working effectively in a care setting.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a care setting.
Duration: 5 days or equivalent contact delivery days in a classroom setting. Learners will be provided to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Compulsory Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Health Service Skills 5M3782.
At the end of the course the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.