Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to care for clients in a safe and hygienic environment.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a care setting.
Classroom – 5 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Compulsory Minor component.
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339.
On completion, learners will be able to:
1. Identify relevant groups of people in need of health care
2. Describe briefly the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people taking into account individual variation
3. Respect clients’ wishes and confidentiality in the delivery of care
4. Apply effectively client safety and security procedures
5. Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
6. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with clients, to include empathy, respect and patience
7. Demonstrate effective communication skills with clients
8. Enhance the following for the client in care; privacy and dignity, independence and positive self- image
9. Encourage clients to participate in social
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.