Aim: This module aims to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a care setting.
Classroom – 5 days (usually 1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Online – Commence at a time suits you and work at your own pace. Full tutor support available throughout.
Full List of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here: https://www.barrowtraining.ie/frequently-asked-questions/
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Discuss a range of age related issues to include healthy ageing, global and national demographic trends, the normal physiological and psychological processes of ageing, the social impact of ageing on older people and differing attitudes to ageing and older people
- Analyse the roles of the health care assistant in promoting positive attitudes to ageing and of statutory and voluntary agencies in promoting the well-being of older people
- Summarise the role of the health care assistant in providing care for older people
- Discuss the issues related to an older person with mental illness or dementia and of living with chronic illness
- Recognise the individual needs of the dying older person and their families
- Summarise the range of the care settings for older people and the members of the healthcare team available in each setting
- Explore a range of specific services that are available for older people to include education , lifelong learning, retirement/the workplace and leisure
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.