To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the principles and practice of management within the business environment and to enable the learner to develop management skills to work independently or within a supervisory capacity.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a management/supervisory role.
Duration: 6 days (1 day per week) in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Minor Mandatory Component
Credit Value: 15 Credits towards 120 credits in Management Level 6 award 6M4587
Some learning outcomes of the component include:
- Describe their internal business organisational structure
- Describe a range of different types of organisational structures
- Evaluate the range of different legal statuses available to an organisation
- Understand management terminology and carry out a SWOT analysis
- Describe the external factors that affect a business and carry out a PEST analysis
- Outline the different management roles and their function
- Outline the various forms of control that are required within an organisation
- Design and implement procedures and systems for internal communication, conflict resolution and decision making
- Measure performance using a breakeven chart and ratio analysis
- Understand how human behaviour impacts on the organisation
- Examine human motivational techniques
- Identify different leadership styles
- Describe the role of the HR manager and evaluate appraisal techniques
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.