To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
In certain circumstances, delegated staff will be selected to undertake an organisation approved training course in the administration of buccal Midazolam. This course (plus an Epilepsy awareness course) must be completed successfully before the staff member can administer buccal Midazolam.
- Describe the different types of epilepsy
- Specially describe Status Epilepticus
- Explore how decisions regarding rescue medication is determined and differs in individual cases
- Discuss the various protocols and procedures which govern the use of Buccal Midazolam
- Identify the potential hazards in giving the medication and describe the appropriate action to be taken in the event of an adverse reaction
- Know the 10 rights of medication management
- Record in the persons’ file what medication has been given, where and if there were any difficulties
- Recognize when rescue medication may be required
- Describe the procedure for giving Buccal Midazolam
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.