To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the structure and function of the human body and the interrelationship between its systems.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting.
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time.
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Differentiate between Anatomy and Physiology
- Describe the structure and function of a typical animal cell and its organelles
- Differentiate between benign and malignant tumors
- Identify the major categories and functions of joints, differentiating between the four types of synovial joints
- Identify the main muscles of the body, differentiating between the three types of muscle and the interconnections between the skeletal and muscular systems in body movement
- Describe the function of the heart including, the structure of arteries, veins and capillaries, the cardiac cycle and the flow of blood through the main blood vessels and blood pressure
- Identify the parts of the digestive system, including its associated organs and their function, the parts of the stomach and the functions of each of the four layers of the alimentary canal
- Explain the function of the main parts of the brain and how a nerve impulse travels along the nervous system
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.