To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide holistic care for older people in a variety of care settings working under the direction and supervision of nursing staff
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to work in a healthcare setting
Duration: 5 days in a classroom setting. Learners will be required to complete work outside of class time
Status: Elective Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits of 120 credits required to achieve a major award in Healthcare Support 5M4339
Some of the areas the learner will be proficient in at the end of the course:
- Discuss a range of work practices in the provision of individualised holistic care for clients to include knowledge of the factors influencing the activities of living
- Analyse the activities of living to include the 5 main concepts of the model of living and the role of a healthcare assistant in utilising the activities of living
- Summarise the principles of maintaining a safe and hygienic environment to include knowledge of infection, accident , fire and problems with sensory deprivation
- Employ the skills of a healthcare assistant in providing care for patients to include an awareness of the importance of nutrition, elimination, fluid balance, weight reporting and correct technique for catheter bag use
- Practise skills involved in pressure area care, personal hygiene, foot care, patient temperature, mobilization and urinalysis
- Demonstrate competence in a range of care techniques to include observations, manual and electronic counting, recording and reporting of pulse rate, breathing habit and blood pressure
Learners will receive assignment briefs and guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.