- This event has passed.
To register your interest in this course please call: 059 9721416 or to write a message Click here
Aim: To equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to gather information and make informed judgments about work, training and educational opportunities, and gain practice in a range of skills needed to prepare for employment.
Participant Profile: Course is suitable for those who require a formal qualification and skills to prepare to return to or enter into the workplace.
Duration: 4 days in a classroom setting
Status: Minor component
Credit Value: 15 credits
Some of the areas the learning outcomes include to:
- Describe the basic principles underpinning career preparation, to include the concepts of work, career, and planning
- Distinguish between different types of work such as full time, part time, temporary/contract, and casual work
- Describe local or foreign work opportunities, including sources of job information, vacancies, types of work, Europass, emigration supports, and work visa requirements
- Identify local training and education opportunities including education and training programmes, access routes, certification offered, and progression possibilities
- Compile a personal profile by exploring interests, skills, talents, personal qualities and characteristics, values, achievements, employment preferences, goals, and matching personal characteristics to possible careers
- Identify preferred personal qualities for workplace employer and employee
- Practice a range of personal interactions typical of work situations.
Learners will receive guidelines on completing these assessments.
For certification purposes we gather certain information to provide you with our services.
As a customer, you will be added to Barrow Training’s mailing list where you will receive emails about courses, special offers & events. You can opt out at any time.